FYI,
I decided to have a look at the power supply that was causing the old
"no remote control" issue on my touch.

Photos attached.
I removed the DC output lead and fitted to another 5v power supply that
I had lying around.
Once that was done and tested, I decided to check out the failed power
supply.

No signs of overheating etc....but

There are 3 electrolytic caps on the output; 2 x 1000 uf @ 10V  and 1 x
470uf @ 10V

All 3 exhibit the old "swollen end" tell tale of failure.

I removed them from the board and tested with my cap tester.
Sure enough, all 3 have failed.

So this will be causing excessive ripple / noise on the output voltage
which appears to be at just the right frequency to swamp the IR diode
and circuit, causing the issue experienced.

Not sure if I can get the little plastic case back together, but would
be easy enough to reconstruct in a little jiffy box.

$2 in parts and it will be up and running again :)

|Filename: IMG_2077.jpg                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31793|