KeBul wrote:
> I purchased my Touch in August 2010 and it's been part of my system
> since then.
>
> It's set to show the clock when not playing music and has been left
> plugged into the mains 24/7
>
> In September 2020 I noticed the remote control receiver of the Touch was
> starting to play up, often the first sign of a failing PSU, I replaced
> the PSU in October, the replacement I purchased cost £8.99
>
> So the original PSU lasted 10 years and its replacement was not very
> expensive.
>
> I can't think of any other electrical item in our house that has been
> continuously plugged in and has lasted as long... Doh! yes I can... My
> Squeezebox Boom, slightly longer in fact, been in service since 2009 and
> still going albeit with a screen thats got some faint lines across it.
>
> Kev

Ok what you mention above is why I asked the question. I had read that
the IR remote starts acting up when the power supply is getting long in
the tooth. When I got my touch, I noticed the IR was more picky than my
radios especially if you get too close.
I found another adapter for $20.00 so I may pick one up just in case.