onesandnoughts wrote:
>  After a bit of digging around on the web it appears that the powerline
> adaptors I use can be prone to going off line at random. Our house was
> rewired about 15 years ago and the main breaker board is younger than
> this so I'm inclined to be believe it's the powerline.

I have not used powerline adaptors, but it has always been my
understanding that they work best on the same circuit (breaker) but at
least need to be on the same phase leg to work reliably or at all.

Here in the US/Northeast, power comes into our homes 240VAC - two hot
"phases" (A,B or odd/even) and a neutral (and a ground of course). You
obtain 240v between A+B, you have two "phases" of 120vac each between A
+ neutral and B + neutral. In your panel (typically) one phase is the
left side row (A or odd number breakers), the other on the right (B or
even number breakers).

So (again only my understanding, never tried) both the tx and rx of the
adaptors need to both be on breakers of even or odd number, and work
best (?) if they are on the same breaker, which allot of the time is not
practical (allot of the time one breaker feeds an area/room.

If you are curious, maybe you could check this and try moving one or the
other, at least as a test.

Jim