wheresmebbc wrote:
> The re-install returned everything to "normality".

That's great to hear! I know that others might have :rolleyes: when I
report what I have seen, but your symptom of the black screen saver is
exactly what I see after a power failure/restore. On restoration, I
suspect that the pi boots much faster than my isp modem, and when it
looks to get to the internet for the current time, it fails. Another
sure way is if you have the radio paradise flac plugin (recommended if
you like the music), because the interactive streams use time, they
don't work.

The black screen is because the screensaver is looking for the time, and
can't find it.

So, if it happens again, pay attention to what might have preceeded it,
maybe a power failure, maybe you turned of the power strip that powers
your modem and pi, etc.

Cause and effect. When this happens to me, after a quick "it just
happened" and "I didn't do anything" I quickly move on to "what did I
do/what happened before this happened?" :)

Jim