Just to chip in, I have replaced one of my  touches with raspberry pi 3b
with hifiberry dac+ pro (rca version) and can confirm sound quality is
as good as from touch.
You can also get nice steel case for it as I did

https://www.hifiberry.com/docs/archive/datasheet-dac-pro/

https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/cases/steel-case-for-hifiberry-dac-pi-4/

BTW I have also tried android phone solutions with squeezeplayer in past
and unless your phone is rooted you will get loudness warning every day
or so. It will reduce volume and will require you to cancel prompt on
phone in order to control volume again. I found headphones out on few
android phones wasn't loud enough to run it at 60% or whatever is
required to avoid warning and auto volume reduction.
Another small problem is that squeeze player will automatically shut
after certain amount of time when not streaming. You can overcome this
with intent from tasker or similar automation app.

So basically squeeze player app is great but not really appropriate for
static permanent location use.

Raspberry pi + DAC hat + PiCorePlayer on other hand works perfectly.

BTW raspberry pi 4 as just player is massive overkill.. 3b+,3b, or even
2b makes more sense

3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander,
Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in
DS218+)