After a factory reset and reinstalling Spotty things seems to be working
well.  I think the issue was MSB not recognising iPeng when I switched
to it which caused iPeng to have fit.  I now realise from responses
above that I don't need to use MSB and have removed it from iPeng
options. Also installed the Material Skin and that is a game changer.  I
may not have bothered with iPeng if I had realised how good it was.
Thanks very much for your helpful responses.  I can't promise this will
be the last of my stupid questions but I am now very much enjoying
listening to my SBT.