Sorry I'm a bit slow, I'm setting up a new laptop and haven't got email moved
over yet. (Cutting the gordian knot of closing all the windows on the old laptop
by just not waiting for that, since I _do_ have a spare laptop and bought a new
hard drive for the new install anyway...)

On 6/5/24 00:46, Jarno Mäkipää wrote:
> You cannot test against other vi clones with -c after this patch. But
> you could have test against vim with -s {script} implementation. I
> used vim as reference for testing with original test case files.

If I'm cloning bash specifically for toysh, I don't have an objection to
targeting vim specifically in a toybox vi implementation.

> Ex command only switch -c could be added as  addition to -s if you
> wanna achieve something with ex commands, but maybe dont delete -s
> implementation, unless you have better way to test vi mode motions.

Right now the regression test contexts I'm paying attention to are busybox
defconfig and debian's default install. How does this impact testing against
those?

Rob