Elliot, thanks for the positive feedback on the docs, but I really
wish you and Rob would try the program. I waited a while to see what
Rob would have to say. He doesn't seem the sort to be at a loss for
words, but ... nothing. Any idea why he's had nothing to say about an
awk for toybox?

BTW that mandelbrot.awk generates identical results on all awks
including mine, except busybox awk, when the frame rate display is
removed.