Title: Inserting wiki pages using SQL?

You could use trac-admin import, that might work. Also there is XML-RPC. Also, you could just issue HTTP Post commands – there is nothing too magical about the interface so you can issue a POST to edit any wiki page – the only real issue there is how you will handle authentication and authorization.

Jason

From: trac-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul DeBruicker
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:48 PM
To: trac-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Trac] Inserting wiki pages using SQL?

I'd like to create pages in the wiki without having to create them through the Trac interface and then copying and pasting the desired information into the new pages.  Can I create some SQL INSERT statements that follow the "wiki" table schema and just have SQLite read the SQL files and create the pages?  I am beginner at Trac, and Python so haven't read the sources but have googled this group and searched the edgewall.com site.

Essentially, we use a 3rd party software package which can export to Excel or CSV, I'd like to take some of the exported data, apply WikiFormatting, and create wiki pages.  I would like to create 100+ pages per day (really, overnight), and script the whole export->page generation process. I can script the export and the formatting, I don't know how to create wiki pages without using the web interface.

Thanks for any help you can provide and let me know if you would like any clarification

Paul DeBruicker