Jen wrote:
> We are migrating to Trac from Serena TeamTrack.  We are just beginning
> to use Subversion and I am configuring our Trac environment now.  I
> have two questions that were not  completely answered from a search of
> the archives or Trac documentation.
>
> (1) We would like to begin our Trac tickets with a number greater than
> the highest number in TeamTrack, say 200.  Is there a way to do this?

Using SQLite if you insert your first ticket, then update the "id" in
the "ticket" table, SQLite will resume numbering tickets with
subsequent numbers.

You may also want to consider importing your tickets from TeamTrack.
I'm not familiar with how they store the data, but if you have direct
access to the database or can export the data in a format like CSV or
XML you should be able to get some help here for importing that into
the Trac database.

> (2) Also, we'd like to customize the Trac ticket form to include most
> of the fields we use in TeamTrack and to order them in a similar way.
> I've read about creating custom tickets but there are two things I'm
> still unsure of and can't find additional information to explain:
>
> (2a)  It is possible to set the "field.order" property for any custom
> field, using a number or string.  However, the documentation about
> Custom Ticket Fields doesn't cover this in detail nor provide an
> example.  Can someone provide an example, using a number or string, to
> set the order of a field?

The number just indicates where the field appears in the form.

field.order = 1 will be the first field, 2 the second, and so on.

> (2b) The Workflow Discussion mentions two new sections in the trac.ini
> configuration file:  ticket-status and ticket-actions.  Is this
> available in 0.10?

No, the workflow changes are still under development.  They will be
available in Trac 0.11 or 0.12.

-- Matt Good