From: trac-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 1:46 AM
To: trac-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Trac] Re: Possible to use plain text instead of
wikiformatting?

On 1/9/07, Omry Yadan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just to clarify: I was talking about respecting newlines in the > context of ticket description and comments only, not in general. In > regular Wiki pages, I prefer to keep the ability to break down a > paragraph in multiple lines, as this gives clearer diffs.

I think respecting newlines in ticket descriptions is a very good idea, 99% of the users are not aware of the wiki formating when they enter comments , and comments get mangled.

Perhaps the presence of wiki formatting tags could also inform the
decision to escape newlines.  If the input has any [ br ] in it,
probably the user intends to control breaks, otherwise newlines should
be preserved.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by the
eDiets MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.