well, i would try it out. it seems like behind the scenes with gmail, most
things are just done with tags ("labels"); the notion of separate "boxes" is
largely an illusion. e.g. when i pop my gmail on my phone, i see my own sent
messages come in as new message, i'm guessing because internally in gmail
they're just tagged with "Sent" or something similar.

On 1/18/07, Christopher Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

yes, but that only applied to the -inbox- not the sent box, correct?

On 1/18/07, John Manoogian III (jm3) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 1/18/07, Christopher Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Just one question: how can you get GMail to delete, or just not store
> > sent messages?
>
> you can set up filters in Gmail to act on messages based on Sender,
Subject,