So, either I'll install 0.10.3 and the external WebAdmin plugin, but actually
I'd prefer to run Trac from svn.

I assume you meant "from the trunk" when you wrote "from svn".

Yes, the current trunk seems to be quite stable, although you need to
carefully check which macros and plugins you are using: many plugins
have not been ported to Trac 0.11dev - and won't work without minor
tweaks that are yet to be written, and most of the 'external' macros
(macros from TracHacks for example) won't work either, as the macro
'API' used in Trac up to 0.10 has been deprecated.

As a matter of fact, I've updated my servers to 0.11 this week. Maybe
the following may help:
* AddComment macro and Ref macro stopped work. I've ported the Ref
macro, not the AddComment macro. We used a couple of custom macros
that have been easily ported as well
* XmlRpcPlugin did not work straight, but I've provided a very simple
patch that makes it work on 0.11
* Syntax highlighting based on SilverCity failed. I've installed the
Pygments library and syntax highlighting is now even better
* Our custom commit hook scripts stopped working, because the date
format has changed. It took a couple of minutes to upgrade them with
the new datetime API.

Database format is identical for release 0.10.x and the current
0.11dev, so it's quite easy to revert back to a stable release if you
have any important issue with the trunk.

HTH,
Cheers,
Manu