On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 18:27 -0300, Welkson Renny de Medeiros wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~] # trac-admin
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/trac-admin", line 21, in ?
>     from trac.scripts.admin import run
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/scripts/admin.py", line
> 23, in ?
>     import urllib
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/urllib.py", line 26, in ?
>     import socket
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/socket.py", line 45, in ?
>     import _socket
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/_socket.so: Undefined
> symbol "__h_errno"

Step 1 I'd try: isolate the problem.  Try this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~] # python
>>> import socket
>>> ^D

If the 'import socket' line fails as trac-admin did, then the problem
definitely lies in your Python installation (I think this will be the
case).

With this information in hand, you should go to FreeBSD's support and
bug reporting channels to attempt to get it resolved.  There is a
freebsd-python mailing list, as well as a freebsd-ports mailing list.  A
brief Web search for some keywords from your error indicated that this
kind of problem is not unknown on FreeBSD, so someone on their mailing
lists can likely help you.

If the above commands do work, then trac-admin is doing strange things
that break Python's extension modules.  I don't know how this would
happen, or why, and doubt that it is the case, but if it is, maybe
someone else can provide some insight...

- Michael

--
Michael Ekstrand
Research Assistant, Scalable Computing Laboratory