doooogh
Missed it by that much!.

Hacking the api.py did NOT work.
I had also tried the pygments_modes in trac.ini:

[mimeviewer]
pygments_modes = application/x-turtle:n3:7

after your post, I added:

[mimeviewer]
mime_map = <...otherstuff...> ,application/x-turtle:n3

Didn't see anything in the ticket http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4523
that would tell me I need BOTH of th ini lines above to make it work
... but that's what it takes.

Now I'll poke around my 10.4 version ... or maybe it's time for that
get upgraded.

Thanks,
--
Phil