Hi,

Trac install instructions state:
This will byte-compile the python source code and install it in the
site-packages directory of your Python installation. The directories
cgi-bin, templates, htdocs, wiki-default and wiki-macros are all
copied to $prefix/share/trac/. conf and plugins stub directories are
also created under $prefix/share/trac/ (since 0.10).

What is $prefix ? I see from the instructions >>$ python ./setup.py
install --prefix=/path/to/installdir
you can set $prefix; but if I run the command $ python ./setup.py
install

What is $prefix's location?

Thanks,
Brian