On Apr 3, 4:04 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Rainer Sokoll wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 03:06:08PM -0400, Chris wrote:
>
> >> I'm a newbie to Trac, and I am trying to add server-relative links to
> >> my wiki pages. No syntax I have used works; I either get some sort of
> >> page not found message (No handler matched request to /test.txt), or a
> >> page with the text: "Environment not found".
>
> >> I'm running trac 0.10.3.1 on a Win 2K machine, using the tracd server.
>
> > You need a webserver, not tracd.
>
> Ah! Thank you. It feels so good when I stop banging my head against the wall.
> :)
>
> In case the right people read this, it would be helpful to mention this on
> the TracLinks page.

The link [/test.txt testlink] is fine syntactically.  However, putting
files in your Trac folder does not make them accessible to the web.
Most of the files in the project should not be accessible directly
from the web, and are used only by the Trac application.  There is
some information on using the "htdocs" folder of your project for
storing resources such as custom logos or CSS files here:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInterfaceCustomization

However, Trac is primarily a web application, so if you do want to
serve other files such as documentation you will probably want to
configure this in a more traditional web server setup as Rainer
mentioned.

-- Matt Good