On Apr 5, 10:35 pm, "pictureman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I hope you can guide me to a solution.
> I'm using Trac Accont manager 0.1.3dev r2063 and am having problem
> granting new users permissions.
>
> I'm running WinXP OS and Apache 2.2 Server, Trac v0.10 and Python
>
> What I want to do is protect my root site from all access and only
> grant access to authorized people.
> For Example:www.mysite.com- protected from ALLwww.mysite.com/trac/--
> authorized people only, all others if they
> find it get reverted to the root.
>
> My apache config is:
> <Location /trac>
>   SetHandler mod_python
>   PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
>   PythonOption TracEnv d:/trac/clia
>   PythonOption TracUriRoot /trac
>   AuthType Basic
>   AuthName "CLIA TICKET SYSYEM"
>   AuthUserFile "d:/trac/pass/trac.httpasswd"
>   Require valid-user
> </Location>
> <Location "/trac/login">
>   AuthType Basic
>   AuthName "CLIA TICKET SYSYEM"
>   AuthUserFile "d:/trac/pass/trac.httpasswd"
>   Require valid-user
> </Location>
>
> The root seem to be working fine, but /trac isn't working with the
> Acct Manager's passwords. And I'm not sure which plugins to use:
> HtDigestStore, HtPassdStore or HttpAuthStore

Based on the filename you probably want the HtPasswdStore which
supports passwords generated by the htpasswd utility.  You can also
check the file to see what format they are in.  Htpasswd files will be
in the format "username:hash" and htdigest files in the format
"username:realm:hash".

-- Matt Good