Noah Kantrowitz wrote:

Nils Breunese wrote:
Christian Boos wrote:

What probably happens is that there's some kind of binary
incompatibility within Apache, another SQLite library is loaded or
another module (mod_php5.so?) includes the SQLite objects directly, and the sqlite-3.3.3 library can't be loaded or doesn't end up being used
(i.e. GCC's own interpretation of the dll hell).

Make sure only one SQLite version gets used, either by rebuilding php to use 3.3.3 (if php is the culprit), or by rebuilding pysqlite so that it links with the sqlite library already in use. You'll have to play a bit
with ldd and nm in order to identify the other libraries involved.

I just have stock CentOS 4.4 installs of httpd, python, mod_python,
sqlite and python-sqlite and this box is also running PHP5 from the
CentOSPlus repository (no mod_php5.so, but libphp5.so). Frankly I'm not really prepared to go and rebuild some packages and "play a bit with ldd and nm" to get Trac to work with sqlite. I think I might just see if I
can make the switch to MySQL or some other backend.

You would also use FCGI, since Trac and PHP are in different memory
spaces with FCGI this won't be issue.

What exactly are you saying? That Trac and MySQL can't work using mod_python when I'm running PHP? Why would that be a problem?

People, I'm off to have some dinner. Thanks for all your replies, I'm goinig to blow off some steam and get back to this a little later.

Nils Breunese.