We have an application that collects information from our users and has
an internal (fairly brain-damaged) ticketing system.  The application is
a collection of perl CGI scripts.  I'd like to alter that application so
that it submits the tickets into Trac.  For a number of reasons, I'd
rather that the end users weren't in Trac -- we have enough information
to fill out the ticket and do an initial assignment.

I've found one mechanism, which is an e-mail gateway
(http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/contrib/emailfilter.py?rev=lates
<http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/contrib/emailfilter.py?rev=lates
t> ).  We looked at the idea of just filling out the Post fields, but
there's the issue of the session ID.

I'm still pretty early on with the learning curve here (my two instances
mentioned in my earlier note are both about a week into production
usage).  I've done some searching, but haven't really found what I'd
consider a good idea.

Suggestions?  Thanks.