> So, there is no way to do this with a default installation of 0.10.4.
> O.11 (the current trunk) provides hooks for better security, so you
> could use the authz based security for the wiki pages.  I haven't looked

Ok. Doing further research last night I think I understand the
differences between security in 0.10.4 and 0.11 and I started looking
at the fine-grained permissions plugins available for 0.10.4.

I definitely need to implement these plugins or use them in 0.11 -- my
question is that I'm about to launch a new public-facing website using
trac and it'll get a fair amount of traffic, especially in the first
few days.

Should I use 0.10.4 and go through the process of installing and
tuning plug-ins, or should I just install some version of 0.11 and
be prepared to continually upgrade my codebase towards a stable
version of 0.11?

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of trac veterans on this issue.
My goal is to pick the path which minimizes the amount of upgrading
work I'll have to do until I finally arrive at a stable 0.11 in
production.

Thanks,
ryan