----- Original Message -----
From: trac-users@googlegroups.com <trac-users@googlegroups.com>
To: trac-users@googlegroups.com <trac-users@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed Oct 03 08:33:02 2007
Subject: [Trac] Re: Which Version of trac is This Fix In ?

> Why did Joe even have to ask? Is this a limitation of trac or svn?
You have to know how the SVN repository (or you can take time to find
out on your own) is used with the Trac project.

> He knew the changeset number. It should be simple to map a changeset number
> to a branch.
There are no branch for Trac 0.11, as Trac 0.11 has not been delivered
yet. The trunk contains the latest development version of Trac. Once
Trac 0.11 is released, a new Trac 0.11-stable branch will be created,
and official releases of Trac will be tagged from this branch.
The trunk will become the current dev. branch for the next release -
0.12 - as soon as Trac 0.11 is delivered.

> Now that I'm on the subject, how do you track where a changeset has been
> merged to?
Trac developers use svnmerge script to track merge back and forth from
developer/sandbox branches and the trunk.

> I see that you can put changeset numbers in the trac wiki. Wouldn't it also
> make sense to track the changeset number in the DB
Can you elaborate? Wiki is stored in the DB, SVN changesets are also
tracked in the DB.

> Does anyone require that every changeset have a wiki entry?
You can enforce rules with commit hook scripts for example. Trac does
not enforce any specific rule, it's up to the team to define and use
them.

> so that you could (for example) list all changesets that contributed towards
> a milestone?
YMMV. Are you referring to Trac in general or to trac.edgewall.org
(i.e. the Trac project) itself?

Cheers,
Manu