(I incorrectly posted this to the developer list first, and removed it
as fast as I could. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.)

Hi,

We're serving trac over http (locally) and https (via stunnel on
another server).

We're running into the http-redirect problem, and since we serve it
via two different hostnames, we can't set base_url and be happy.

I figured that if I set up a virtual host (our stunnel server's
hostname) and set the HTTPS env-var to "1", trac would acknowledege
that and send https-redirects. It seems as if it doesn't.

I'm positive that my additional fcgi-server is started and accessed.
(See http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/5064.)

How do I debug this? Has anyone succeeded with this?

All help is warmly welcomed!

Cheers,
/Marcus

Extract from my lighttpd.conf:

$HTTP["host"] == "our.stunnel.server" {
  $HTTP["url"] =~ "^/trac(?!/chrome/common)" {
  fastcgi.server = ("/trac" =>
                     ("trac" =>
                       ("socket" => "/tmp/trac-fastcgi-https.sock",
                        "bin-path" => "/var/www/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi",
                        "check-local" => "disable",
                        "idle-timeout" => 20,
                        "bin-environment" =>
                          ("TRAC_ENV_PARENT_DIR" => "/var/www/trac",
                           "HTTPS" => "yes")
                       )
                     )
                   )
  }
  server.name = "our.stunnel.server"
}
else $HTTP["url"] =~ "^/trac(?!/chrome/common)" {
  fastcgi.server = ("/trac" =>
                     ("trac" =>
                       ("socket" => "/tmp/trac-fastcgi.sock",