Hi, I'd like to be able to display some data from an external web
page on Trac's ticket page. The external web page will have data
that's related to the ticket, so it needs to be able to get the
ticket number. The web page is one I have control over, so I can have
it output whatever's needed--I was thinking a snippet of text in
either WikiFormatting, HTML, or just plain text. What's the best way
to do this?

I was thinking perhaps I could always put one of the Include macros
at the bottom of the ticket description (almost all tickets are
entered through another custom webpage, rather than directly through
Trac's New Ticket page, so it'd be possible to include the macro at
that point), but there doesn't seem to be a way to pass info about
the current page (such as the ticket number) to the macro. (That does
raise the question of what would happen if that macro was included on
a non-ticket Wiki page...) Since almost all tickets are entered
through a custom webpage, I suppose it could just put the number of
the ticket it's about to create in as an argument to the macro, but
that seems even less elegant. And it would make things more difficult
for the few tickets that *are* entered through Trac's New Ticket
page... you don't know what the ticket number will be until you save it.

And perhaps the macro approach isn't on the right track at all...
which is why I'm asking around for opinions on how to accomplish this :)

Thanks,
INet: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 31 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+
PA+ PL++