Gary,
  I attempted to do what you suggested but, apparently, I'm not up on the
syntax of a Python script. I vi-edited the file and when I tried to run it got
this:

    try:
       ^
IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level
/apps/trac-0.10.4:

The try is right after the line you asked me to insert. I'm not really sure
what is meant by an indentation level. Does Python care about white space?