[EMAIL PROTECTED] kirjoitti:
> I thought trac was a breeze to install. Administering it is even
> easier. Wonderful product - such a shame my manager is adverse to open
> source solutions :(

Too bad about that OSS stuff. We managed to convince our management that
OSS is good and almost all our end products run on OSS stuff or at least
uses OSS components. Including Trac to keep our tickets in order.. :)

What comes to installation of Trac I first found it was difficult to
install (it was more diffult around version 0.7 or so when I started to
use Trac.) Specially because back then company I work for didn't had
*nix servers, only Windows.

Getting all dependencies were pretty painful, specially that [place your
favourite dirty word here] Clearsilver. Good that I don't need it anymore.

Well I managed eventually to get single project to run but since work
environment contained multiple projects it was a bit challenge to make
all work.

Now what makes Trac difficult to "install". Installation usually goes
"smoothly" since there is not really much to install.

But using and maintaining first instance might be a bit difficult. What
Trac could use is "management console" that can be used to setup
svn+trac without a hitch.

Now you need to know at least a bit of command-line and such - things
that some people never have used to. :)

--

Jani Tiainen