On Jan 11, 12:29 am, "Jevgenijs Rogovs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am running Trac 0.10.4 on RH Enterprise Release 3 (kernel 2.4.20-8) with
> Apache HTTPD 2.0.54, Python 2.5.1, mod_python 3.3.1. All debug stuff and
> logging is off, python/mod_python are built with shared libraries. Database
> backend is SQLite.
>
> Is there anything I can do to improve overall performance of Trac? Any
> ideas?
>
> P.S. I do understand that the most common issue in client-server system
> performance is network latency; nevertheless, I'd like to be sure that my
> server-side is top notch.

That performance is dictated by network latency is generally not the
case with large web applications. Your real problem is going to be the
speed of talking to your database. In this case SQLite is a poor
choice. Instead you should look at using PostgreSQL or MySQL as these
will perform much better.

If you are truly paranoid about overheads in network and underlying
request handling by the web server, you would also be better of using
mod_wsgi rather than mod_python as it has much better performance
relative to mod_python. For a comparison see:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/PerformanceEstimates

Graham