it looks like i'm having same problem with 2.4.0

Creating and Initializing Project
Failed to create environment. database parameter must be string or
APSW Connection object
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/scripts/admin.py",
line 613, in do_initenv
    options=options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/env.py", line 145,
in __init__
    self.create(options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/env.py", line 250,
in create
    DatabaseManager(self).init_db()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/db/api.py", line
70, in init_db
    connector.init_db(**args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/db/
sqlite_backend.py", line 121, in init_db
    cnx = sqlite.connect(path, timeout=int(params.get('timeout',
10000)))
ValueError: database parameter must be string or APSW Connection
object
-bash-3.2$