On Apr 1, 1:45 pm, Chris Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> If we tail -f the log, we can see that there are these pauses where its
> >> thinking, then it loads the plugins, then its thinking, then it loads
> >> the plugins, and it does this about 30 times. This takes an extremely
> >> long time, regardless of what's in index.cs.
>
> >> We're really unsure what Trac's doing, or why. Any thoughts would be
> >> appreciated!
>
> > Apache is a multi process web server. Are you sure the messages aren't
> > from different Apache child processes?
>
> > Also, do you set MaxRequestsPerChild? If you do it would result in
> > Apache child processes being recycled when that number of requests is
> > being reached. If you have a constant stream of requests, this would
> > show as plugin being loaded on a similar regular basis.
>
> Thanks for your quick response!
>
> MaxRequestsPerChild is set to 0 AFAIK.
>
> I am sure that the messages are from the single request, as we are
> watching it happen on our staging server. We can see the same problem on
> production (which makes us want to fix this quickly).

Perhaps use a different value for:

  SetEnv PYTHON_EGG_CACHE /tmp

Ie., make it a directory which is unique to that Apache instance and
which is definitely owned and writable by the Apache user.

Maybe by being a pretty common directory that it is having problems if
needing to unpack compressed eggs, especially if another Apache
instance is also using that same directory, or something has unpacked
stuff there with different access permissions.

Graham