>  I'm about to give up and either pay for a solution or find something
>  different that is open source as I cannot waste my time for much
>  longer.  Has ANYONE successfully built and USED trac on Mac OS X
>  Leopard?  Is there ANYTHING I can do to get this working?

Yep, I'm using it every day, even at this very time (with tracd for
dev. I'm using Linux+Apache for the production servers)

It's even easier on Leopard than it was on Tiger, as Leopard with
everything you need.
I would recommend you do not use neither Fink nor DarwinPorts: simply
use the built-in tools. (be sure to clean up your PATH if you've
installed them before trying to install Trac)

You "simply" need to install Genshi with the easy_install utility that
also comes with Leopard

HTH,
Manu