On Wednesday 07 May 2008 02:24:00 pm Chris wrote:
> Noah,
>
> So you're saying it's possible to create a plug-in that could assign a
> particular workflow based on the ticket type? And that this would have
> to be a plug-in as it's too complex for the ticket-workflow in
> the .ini? I can visually see how this would work in the admin
> interface, actually pretty slick, but as for implementing it
> myself.... heh. Looks like my spare time is going to be devoted to
> learning Python. :)

http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AdvancedTicketWorkflowPlugin

Now (as of a few minutes ago) supports a triage operation.

It lets you create an action that splits the workflow graph based on the value
of a ticket field, such as 'type'.  It isn't /quite/ what many want in terms
of different workflows for different ticket types, but it will get you most
of the way there with minimal effort.

Example:
triage = new -> *
triage.operations = triage
triage.triage_field = type
triage.traige_split = defect->new_defect, task->new_task,
enhancement->new_enhancement

Feedback welcome.

Eli