2008/6/6 km <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> If you can, try accessing without authentication by allowing XML-RPC
>> access for everyone (by add XML_RPC action to anonymous).
>
> good idea.  i upgraded to emacs 22.2 and tried, but now i get the
> following error: "ERROR: The site seems not support XML-RPC."
>
> hmm. is there a non-browser way to see if site is actually running
> xmlrpc?  all but one of the xmlrpc options are ticked ("xmlrpcWeb") --
> and xml_rpc does appear in the permissions pull-down menu.

Please update to trac-wiki.el ver. 1.8 first, then try again.
It has some bug fixes on the case of interactive url input.

  http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/projects/trac-wiki/wiki

>> (let ((auth (base64-encode-string (format "%s:%s" "yourname"
>> "yourpassword"))))
>>   (set (symbol-value 'url-basic-real-auth-storage)
>>        `(("www.some.org:80" ("realm string for the site" . ,auth)))))
>
> where would this code actually be inserted?
>
> (note: i think there is a typo on your web page. shouldn't "url-digets-
> auth-storage" be "url-digest-auth-storage"?)

Sorry it's not good.
Please use this:

(eval-after-load "url-auth"
  '(let ((auth (base64-encode-string (format "%s:%s" "yourname"
"yourpassword"))))
     (set (symbol-value 'url-basic-auth-storage)
          `(("www.some.org:80" ("realm string for the site" . ,auth))))))

Put the code above in *scratch* buffer then evaluate it (by C-x C-e at
end of last line. If it is good, put it in your .emacs for next use.

>> Anyway, I'll try with most recent emacs on debian later...
>
> that would be great. (i see that you are running meadowy.org on trac
> 0.10.4 -- perhaps we should revert our site to this early version of
> trac.)

I've got success with newly compiled emacs 22.1 and latest 23.0.60
on debian. I use standard library of url package provided with emacs.
So, I don't know why you fail.
If you can, please show me the content of buffer " *http www.xxxx.xx:80*<?>"

--
Shun-ichi GOTO