On Monday 23 June 2008 05:45:44 pm Noah Kantrowitz wrote:

> >> This voting plugin is now enabled. Go and vote on your favorite (or
> >> hated) tickets.
> >>
> >> --Noah
> >
> > Note that if you're not a developer with commit privileges, you
> > won't be
> > able to log in; but if you click the Preferences link and give the
> > site
> > your name and email, it will let you use the up and down arrows on
> > tickets to vote.
>
> Worth noting that votes will be kept private, only aggregate data will
> be reported. So don't feel you will be singled out if you don't vote
> (or vote down) a feature you dislike, or rather think should be
> handled in a plugin/patch/etc.

Hm.  Actually, that brings up a good point: are you voting for a feature, or
are you voting for a feature to be included in core?

I think the votes should be taken as voting for a feature, independent of
where it is implemented, unless the ticket is specifically for 'this is done
in a plugin, but should be done in core'.

Plugin vs core is a design decision we as the devs will make, but what we want
to learn from the voting is what functionality our users want.

Eli