On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 02:00:44PM -0400, Chris Nelson wrote:

> Erik Bray wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Mr Papa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there some way that I am just missing to be able to delete a
> >> milestone from a ticket?  Using v0.11 but once a milestone is set for
> >> a ticket, I can't seem to find a way to remove the milestone.  I can
> >> change it to another milestone but I just simple want to remove it.
> >>
> >> When a ticket is created it gets assigned to milestone X.  If  after
> >> some review, we decide the ticket is invalid or worksforme or some
> >> other resolution where it no longer applies to the milestone it was
> >> assigned to, I cannot change it short of going into the database and
> >> removing the milestone info.
> >>
> >> I know I have seen this accomplished on other installations of trac.
> >> They seem to have a blank milestone version that if you set it to
> >> that, it results in a milestone deleted note.  I haven't had any
> >> success setting something like that up via the admin interface or in
> >> phpmyadmin.
> >>
> >> Am I missing something obvious here or is there a plugin I haven't
> >> located yet?
> >>

> > The milestone field should be optional by default.  If anything, you
> > might have a plugin installed that's making it otherwise.
>
> I think you misunderstand the problem.  I seem to have the same problem.
> It's not that you have to assign a milestone when creating a ticket its
> that you can't remove the milestone later without reassigning to another
> milestone.

I think "optional" in this case means "permitted to have a blank value".
So, toggling the optional-ness of the field would presumably cause the
blank option to appear in the dropdown and be selectable.

I don't know how to make things optional or non-optional, though; that's
just the way it is by default on my system.

=-=-> Jenn Drummond