Hello,
I'm just setting up trac with postgres 8.3.1, and am running into an
issue where many plugins are not actually upgrading the database.

Base trac install works.  I add a plugin (e.g. mastertickets), and get
the message to upgrade the environment.  I upgrade with trac-admin
(trac-admin /path/to/trac/testing upgrade --no-backup), however new
tables are not added to the database.  If I use sqlite, I do not have
this problem.

I've figured out that if I patch those plugins (e.g. mastertickets) to
call db.commit() (and some places calling rollback) after and
insert/updates (typically in the plugins api.py), then the plugin will
upgrade correctly.

I've searched the mailing list and bugs, and can not find anyone else
running into a similar problem, so I am assuming I have done something
wrong, or have not configured postgres correctly for trac.  I am new to
postgres, though have plenty of mysql/mssql/sqlite experience.  The
postgres install is 100% default, I've simply created a trac user and
trac database, and used the postgres connect url in trac.ini.

Correction: I actually just found a bug describing the problem:
http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/3408

This however, is not limited to mastertickets.

My question is, should I just patch these plugins, or is there some
postgres configuration item that I am missing in the documentation?

Regards,
Shane