On Oct 24, 6:40 am, "Stephen Moretti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> 2008/10/16 Perreko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> > Hi all,
>
> > I've this scenario (trac 0.11, Win2003Server):
>
> > I've downloaded two macros (BackLinksMenu.py & changelog.py) in this
> > folder: d:\workspace\trac\plugins
> > I've configured this folder in my global trac.ini (d:\workspace\trac
> > \config\trac_global.ini)
>
> >    [inherit]
> >    plugins_dir = D:/workspace/trac/plugins
>
> > I've configured this global trac.ini in my repository trac.ini
>
> >    [inherit]
> >    file = D:/workspace/trac/repositorios/trac_global.ini
>
> > Whenever i try to use any of these macros, i got this error:
>
> >    Error: Failed to load processor BackLinksMenu
> >    No macro or processor named 'BackLinksMenu' found
>
> > I've tried to enable them using "Admin" page, but they don't appear
> > there. I'used other plugins before (like includemacro) that work ok,
> > they appear in the "Admin" page; the difference is that these other
> > were installed using 'easy_install' but these new ones cannot be
> > installed that way.
>
> > Can anybody help me to make this work?
>
> Do you have logging enabled for your trac instance?
> If not, enable it and then have a look in the logs to see whether there are
> any errors being recorded when loading the macros from the plugin folder.
> (or if the macros are being loaded at all)
>
> Stephen

well actually I saw this the other day and thought i would give you a
chance to figure it out! :d

based on what you posted:
plugins located here:
d:\workspace\trac\plugins
global ini:
d:\workspace\trac\config\trac_global.ini
[inherit]
    plugins_dir = D:/workspace/trac/plugins
repository plugin ini:
[inherit]
    file = D:/workspace/trac/repositorios/trac_global.ini

so you repo ini points to some file in ../repositorios/...
you you "global" ini file is located in: D:/workspace/trac/
and the file in D:/workspace/trac/ points to the plugins.

I am asusming you wanted to do the following:
local ini->global ini->plugin dir
but what you posted here is:
local ini->/repositorios/different global ini ->?

so first thing to do
put the plugins in the project plugins directory (so you know the path
is accessible by the apache/trac user)
change the project ini settings "plugins" pointer apprpriately
remove/comment out the inherit to the possbily non-existent global ini
file in .../repositorios/...
restart your server, and see if from web-admin they now appear.

Then work backwards to get your inherits working correctly.  It is
possible the "global" plugin directory you specify is not accessibly
by apache/trac.  in this case, based on your post,  you are not ever
pointing to the plugin directory, or possibly inheriting a non-
existent trac_global.ini file.