Greg Troxel wrote:
> Thanks, will apply and rebuild.
>
> Should we be thinking about setting backends to use full transactions
> instead of READ COMMITTED, as in
>
>   set transaction ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE ;
>
> perhaps only for such operations, but maybe for more?

Not unless we really have to since that will bring the PostgreSQL
concurrency level down to something close to sqlite.
If this really happens frequent enough to be an issue (which I don't
think it is) we should instead rewrite the session code to be smarter
about updating session attributes.
Instead of deleting all attributes and inserting them again as soon as
some attribute is updated we should try to update only actually modified
attributes.
This would reduce the risk of causing a conflict.

/ Jonas