On Nov 6, 8:37 am, David Ojeda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My coworkers have accepted and used a trac system for the last months and now
> I have a lot of request for features. I have been able to add some plugins for
> some features but yesterday a colleague asked me this: Is it possible for trac
> to have a table that contains a reference or attachment to documents related
> to the development (use-cases, requirements, etc). She wants a table that has
> a received date, sender, file and comments.
> I think trac may not be suited for this better than an ordinary dms...
>
> The other feature was custom fields whose values depend on the value of other
> custom fields. For example, a custom field 'module' with values 'module 1' and
> 'module 2', and another custom field 'submodule' with values 'sub 1.1' and
> 'sub 1.2' when module='module 1' and values 'sub 2.1' and 'sub 2.2' when
> module = 'module 2'. It could be interpreted as a "tree custom fields":
>
> 'module 1'
>    'sub 1.1'
>    'sub 1.2'
> 'module 2'
>    'sub 2.1'
>    'sub 2.2'
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> --
> David Ojeda

I would take a look at the Agilo mod.  While it won't quite be exactly
what you asked for here, it can provide similiar results.
The modified trac to include "linked" ticket types (you create the
relationships), additionally, a ticket can have calculated fields from
the "linked" ticket types.

it's agile/scrum based, but we looked at it, and didn't acutally use
it that way, we just leveraged the linked tickets and the calculated
fields.  something like (conceptually):
functionalReq:  System shall have a menu structure
effort:"sum of estimated hours on subReq tickets"
   subReq: There Shall be a file menu
      Task: Implement file menu
      Task: Implement save feature
      Task: impelement close feature