If the thinking gets around to creating a real data-structure here, my
wish is that Milestones/Task(s)/Tickets be set out in OPML - it would
be the outline of a project, and OPML is the closest thing to a
standard in the area of outline protocols. I can't say a python
library comes to mind, java yep , just never looked for one in python.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/outliner/

Ed > $.02