Hi,

Yes, we do it with TracFineGrainedPermissions:
  http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracFineGrainedPermissions

Our authz.conf looks like this:

{{{
[groups]

# staff-group
staff = employee1, employee2, employee3

# rights for one specific milestone, visible for staff and customer
[milestone:MyMilestoneName]
customer1 = MILESTONE_VIEW

# all other milestones are visible to staff only
[milestone:*]
@staff = MILESTONE_VIEW
* = ""
}}}