On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Todd Freese <to...@filmworkers.com> wrote:

> Whenever I try to upgrade a trac project from 10.3 to 11.2.1 I get the
> following error:
>
> Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
> Abort trap
>
> This is on Mac OSX Leopard. The install was done using MacPorts. I
> really don't know Python, but it seems to be referencing the wrong
> version of Python.
>
> Any help would be great appreciated!
>
> Todd

Try this do a "python -V"  this should tell you what version of python
your running when you invoke python,  then do a "which python" which
will show you show where that python interpreter is located.  Apple
puts it's python in /usr/bin, which is a symlink, mac ports puts its
python in /opt/local/bin

Here is a link http://mail.python.org/pipermail/chicago/2008-May/004222.html
to a reference to python_select  which should allow you to state which
python you want to be the default.  Note: I have not used
python_select.  You may also be able to control which interpreter you
use by rearranging your path statement(not sure on that).   Also look
into Virtual Environment, the tracDev docs talk about it for setting
up development environments, but it's slick b/c you can control your
python env and test with multiple interpreters.