we used:
* query
* wiki pages to store that queries (no - the browser bookmarks are NOT
an option :) )
* http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/RestrictedAreaPlugin
to save queries.

with trac-0.11 there seems to be
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracFineGrainedPermissions
instead of the restrictedarea plugin, but we were not able to figure
out how to access such settings from the permissions admin panel ...

rupert.