hjw wrote:
> I'm not using Vista. I'm on an XP Pro machine for devel and then the
> deploy will have to go to a windows server machine.
>
> Christian,
> Are you developing on a win box? Are you using cygwin or the win
> binaries of python/setup tools etc?
>
> -Hawley

Yes, I currently do all my main developments on Windows (it happens to
be Vista - and I'm quite happy with it, performance and stability wise).
I've never used cygwin's python, but other than that, I'm always
"sitting" in a bash shell and do all the development and scripting from
there. Apart from a few details, like the occasional need for cygpath,
dos2unix/unix2dos, the need to rename "patch" to something else as UAC
doesn't like such a name, you can basically work like you would on Unix.
So these days I use mainly Python 2.6 win32 (2.5 when I need to use the
svn bindings), tracd for the web front-end and sqlite for the db
backend. Depending on the mood of the day, I use either XEmacs or gvim
for the editing (NOT Notepad as some pretend ;-) ) and print for
debugging (yeah, old school, you said it ;-) ).

You'll find more tips about setting up your Trac development environment
in the links below:
  http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev#GettingStarted

-- Christian