On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Si Chen <sichen1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there, I'm from the opentaps Open Source ERP + CRM project
> (www.opentaps.org)  We've been using trac internally for over a year
> now--thanks so much, everybody.
>
> We need a quality management system for manufacturing companies which
> use our software.  The requirement is for a module which can store
> templates of tests with testing steps and range of acceptable values
> at each step.  When the QC process begins, the test template needs to
> create a series of tasks which a user could execute one by one and
> record the values from each test.  If the results are within the
> limits, then the item has passed tests.
> Otherwise, the item has failed the tests.
>
> Could trac be modified to support
> (a) a template of tasks
> (b) workflow to manage the series of tasks?

Absolutely, though not necessarily right out of the box, depending on
what your requirements are.  We're using a modified version of the
ticket system for QA tracking, and if it's workflows you want that's
probably the best place to start.  There are some plugins out there
that already give you more control over the ticket system than there
is out of the box.