On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:53 AM, toddy <t...@bos-bremen.de> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I use trac to manage a software project. My project is an OpenSource
> project, so I want open my trac for "guest user".
>
> Now, I have three questions which I have no answer found in the faqs
> and in the search in this group.
>
> 1. I want to split the wiki in an english area and in a german area.
> How can I do this?

AFAIK, there's no i18n for wikis ... CMIIW, I wanna be wrong ... what
I've seen is to use automatic translation using Google Translate
gadget ;). But specific german pages (written by humans, so that
humans can read'em ;), well AFAIK there's no support for that, but you
could use some kind of naming convention for your english / german
pages. What I do so far is the following :

In english:

https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/swlcu/wiki/En/Devel/TracGViz/DataSources

In spanish:

https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/swlcu/wiki/Es/Devel/TracGViz/DataSources

> 2. I want, that user of my application can write a bug in a formular
> in my application and than it will be post in my trac. My application
> runs in ruby on rails. How can I do this? Any Ideas? Is there a plugin
> to do this?

XML RPC plugin. I've done this so far, but under different
circunmstances. In that case Trac publishes some web services to the
world and there's one for tickets ;). Otherwise, Trac email plugin
couold be used as a workaround, and SMTP should be used by your client
app. The other is to go directly to the DB (ggrgrrrrrrrr)

> 3. The last problem: I don't want to open all my components. So I want
> to filter the components so that the guest user only can see component
> a and b and myself and the other developer can see component a, b and
> c. Is this possible and how?

Ooops ... Dont know ... :-/

--
Regards,