Hi.

> I'm facing spam messages on trac. I want to maintain the access free:
> no user authentification and no captcha. I used various filter
> strategy combinations, but all of them have failed. What filter
> strategy do you use on trac site[0] to avoid spam ?

I cannot talk for the admins of trac.edgewall.org. However, on
trac-hacks.org we use TracSpamFilter (with all but the Akismet stuff being
enabled) and some custom mod_security rules.

The mod_security rules block POSTs for new tickets that have author set to
"anonymous", component set to "SELECT A HACK" and contain at least one
link. This filters a common type of spam that before hit the site.
This has been implemented as mod_security rules because it was easier for
me than writing a new filter strategy. At some point this will be changed.

The rest gets run through a large amount of regular expressions, see
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/BadContent .

Bye, Mike