Lucky me ! The plugin's very simple :) Here u have my research (but
there are still a few loose ends :-/ )

Ahhh ! and I'm talking about using the plugin to run WSGI apps inside
Trac (i.e. not Trac deploynent using Paste ;o)

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Olemis Lang<ole...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Leonardo Santagada<santag...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello !
>>>
>>> I'd like to try TracWsgi plugin but there's something I dont understand :
>>>
>>>  - Does it work with any HTTP server ?

Yes, as far as the HTTP server is concerned the request is handled by
Trac itself. Hence Trac acts as a wrapper intercepting the request and
preparing the environment and WSGI context for the hosted WSGI app.
This also means that performance using this setup should be not as
good as with a server config, but this may be useful :

- to manage all configs of many apps with Trac
- "easily" run Py apps "difficult" to be integrated with exotic servers
  (but further entry points for PasteDeploy may be needed)
- and more ...

> So this means that I cannot use Trac on top of `mod_python` and then
> run the WSGI app on top of Trac. Isn't it?

Yes, the hosted WSGI app runs disregarding the env or server or
context running Trac (which is what I need ;o).

> Here I'd like to know something. How does it work ? The two
> alternatives I have in mind are the following :
>
> - The plugin acts as a wrapper and uses the Trac web context to

+1

> - The hosted app is run by the app server directly.

-1

> Ahhhh !  I assume that I need PasteDeploy . Is it correct ?

No, you need more than that (dont know yet how much more ;o). The
plugin imports `paste.request` module which is outside PasteDeploy :-/

>>>  - I mean, suppose I've installed and setup Trac already : The only
>>> thing I need to do
>>>    in order to run a WSGI app is to modify `trac.ini` by including
>>> PasteDeploy config
>>>    options ?

Depending upon the app itself, entry points for PasteDeploy and
factories may be needed :-/

>> Should I do anything else ?

No ...

>> configure your http server for serving a wsgi app.

... specially this ;o)

> Well is it when Trac is deployed using PasteDeploy, or when the plugin
> is used to run WSGI apps inside Trac, or both ?

Only when Trac is deployed using PasteDeploy :)

PS: Both the plugin and PasteDeploy are really cool !

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/