On Aug 5, 1:56 pm, Jani Tiainen <rede...@gmail.com> wrote:
> rupert.thurner kirjoitti:

> >> Additional note to my previous post:
>
> >>http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/1874
>
> >> Since there was long time ago kind of decision not to use any abstract
> >> database layer like SQLAlchemy and many plugins and Trac code itself
> >> contains hardcoded SQL queries which are not necessarily compatible with
> >> Oracle.
>
> > how usable is the sqlalchemy branch? is there anything else than the
> > links below?
>
> >  *http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/DatabaseBackend
> >  *http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracSqlAlchemy
> >  *http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/sandbox/sqlalchemy-ng
> >  *http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/7020
>
> http://groups.google.fi/group/trac-dev/browse_thread/thread/204163b17...
>
> See specially Noah's first response about why not ORM and possible
> routes to take...

he writes "The idea of using SA was always just to use it as a cross-
DB API, not as an ORM as far as I remember." one evidence for this
could be http://redmine.org, based on ruby on rails. much younger than
trac, approximately the same use case and problems with data types,
redmine is able to support MySql, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL
Server.

below noah also writes "i would like to see a SA plugin". how could
that help getting a working mysql or oracle version of trac?