I am working on a macro, attempting to make it be more configured from
trac.ini than it originally was.

My Python-wrangling abilities are not extensive, so this is probably
an obvious mistake.
However, I googled and searched my Trac mail, and an answer did not
appear, and the examples that I found did not reduce my confusion.

I am writing:

     config.latexpath=PathOption('fss', 'latexroot',None,'Directory
where latex binaries may be found')
     #
     #
     # Paths to executables
     config.latex=config.latexpath+'/' + Option
('fss','latex','latex','Name of latex binary')

and it fails

     TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'PathOption' and
'str'

at the assignment to config.latex.

trac.ini contains:

[fss]
cache = ../htdocs/fortified/tracfss
cacheurl = /Projects/Community/chrome/site/fortified/tracfss
dvipng = dvipng
emacs = /opt/csw/bin/emacs
fortify = newfortify
fortifypath = ../../Fortifier
latex = latex
latexpdf = latexpdf
latexroot = /opt/csw/bin

Uses of PathOption that I find with Google, make it appear that the
result is a string, or certainly acts like one, but it most surely is
not.  How do I get the (string) value of the path option out of a
PathOption?  I tried applying "str" to it, and that did not work,
either (it did the generic printing for an str object).