I prefer to put servers to UNiX area whenever possible. Setup.py is located
in the root of the source dir ($TRAC_DIST_DIR) as I'm rebuilding trac from
the sources.

I'm getting latest sources with the following command:

svn co http://svn.edgewall.com/repos/trac/sandbox/multirepos $TRAC_DIST_DIR

The general idea of the commands below is to scan the source files with
messages and extract message strings to messages.po to translate it
`centralized-way`

Hope that makes better understanding